Monday, January 17, 2011

I love my Crock Pot!


I don't know about you - but I love my Crock Pot! I have just started realizing what this great kitchen tool has to offer! I can make soups, stews, dips, etc., etc., but tonight I tried something new - chicken spinach lasagna! It's a fairly easy recipe, and I kid you not, the smell of this thing cooking in my kitchen is AMAZING. I wish there was a "smell" option, like a scratch n sniff blog! That would be rather epic. Anyway, 10 minutes prep time and 3 hours on low - this is getting fun! Simple too - you just need a few ingredients - chicken, mozzarella (I use low fat), ricotta (again, use part skim to cut down on fat and calories) a smidge of oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, lasagna noodles, spinach and a jar of alfredo sauce (once again, I went for light to help cut down on calories). I'm working with a 6 quart Crock Pot, and I swear by the Reynolds' Slow Cooker liners. They save TONS of clean up time! I have nothing that I have to scrape out of my Crock Pot, the bag literally just lifts straight up out of the bowl. This lasagna is also a little spicy, thanks to the crushed red pepper - you could easily leave that out if you're not a fan of spice and go with something else. I can't wait to take this with me for lunch tomorrow at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment