Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Frittata Time!!!


Ok so this week I made a recipe out of my Biggest Loser calendar - Broccoli and Cheddar Mini Frittatas! I've taken them with me two days this week for breakfast and I am LOVING them. They're really really easy, very tasty and for two, it's only 102 calories! Totally thrilled with them. I will say, I'm usually hungry again after awhile, so I've been taking a piece a fruit or applesauce with me so that I'm not starving by the time lunch comes around. Recipe follows:


Olive Oil Spray

1 cup chopped steamed broccoli

2 cups egg substitute (I used All Whites egg whites only)

1 cup finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin pan. Divide the broccoli evenly between the 8 cups. Then divide egg substitute evenly. Bake frittatas for 7-9 minutes or until almost set.


Sprinkle cheese evenly over the tops of the frittatas. Bake another 8-10 minutes or until egg is no longer runny and cheese is melted. Transfer muffin tin to wire rack and let sit 2 minutes before serving. Makes 4 (2 frittata) servings.


102 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g fiber



So what worked for me? Well I tried to save myself the spray and use paper muffin cups - not too smart. The wateriness of the egg seeped through and made it very difficult to get the cups out of the pan. I used all whites instead of egg substitute, but I really liked these a lot! I will definitely be making them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment