Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breakfast Croissants!



These tasty little breakfast croissants are the essence of adaptability. The original recipe is actually for the sweeter version, while the more savory version is based on what I had on hand. Original recipe is first then followed by my changes. You will need:


4 large croissants, split

1/2 cup cream cheese spread (from 8 oz container)

8 tsp cherry preserves (I actually used blackberry jam)

1/4 cup chocolate chips

1 tsp powdered sugar


1. Heat oven to 400. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. On bottom half of each croissant, spread 2 Tbsp cream cheese and 2 tsp preserves; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp chocolate chips. Replace top half of croissants. Place on pan.

3. Bake uncovered 7 to 9 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve warm.


My savory version followed the same technique, but switched up the ingredients a little. I still used cream cheese, but then added shaved honey smoked turkey breast and sliced roasted red bell peppers, fully drained and patted dry. I also left the powdered sugar off of these. You could do a ton of different ingredients for this and I think it would still turn out great. You could even use a chive and onion flavored cream cheese for variety! Go wild and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment