Sunday, July 17, 2011

Creamy Chicken Florentine



This is a recipe that I got off the back of a Philadelphia Cooking Creme tub - I wanted to try one out since I hadn't had one before and so here goes:






You will need:






1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces



1/2 cup halved red bell pepper strips



1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach leaves



1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme



2 cups hot cooked penne pasta






1. Cook chicken and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is done. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 or 3 minutes until wilted. Drain all but 1 Tbsp liquid.



2. Add cooking creme; cook and stir 3 minutes.



3. Stir in pasta; Serve immediately.





OK, so here are my thoughts - flavor of the cooking creme was very good; I liked that quite a bit. I had to make a few substitutions since I didn't have everything that was called for. I used canned chicken versus fresh; regular spinach instead of baby spinach; and elbow macaroni instead of penne. I also garnished with some parmesan and sliced green onion. The macaroni was fine, but I think I would have preferred the texture of the penne. I also got a little too much pasta and there wasn't much sauce - it came out rather dry in my opinion. There really wasn't much difference with the spinach that I could tell. Overall I'd give it an ok, but would definitely add some milk or something extra to make the dish a little creamier.

No comments:

Post a Comment