Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beef Noodle Soup!


This was a complete gamble for me - several ingredients I'm not too big a fan of, but it looked interesting and since the ingredients weren't expensive or hard to come by, I thought I'd give it a shot. You need:


1 pound ground beef

1 46 oz can V8

2 beef ramen noodle soup package (but only one seasoning packet)

1 envelope onion soup mix

1 bag (16 oz) frozen vegetables

1 beef buillion cube


Start by browning your beef in a large skillet. Once meat is completely browned with no pink left, drain the excess fat. Add in V8, onion soup mix, ramen seasoning packet, frozen vegetables and buillion cube. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes, until soup thickens. Return to boil, and add ramen noodles. Cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are tender.


My changes to this receipe had to do with the frozen vegetables. I didn't have the frozen vegetables so I used 2 cups of frozen green beans, 1/2 cup frozen peas, and 1/2 cup fresh sliced carrots. I really liked this, and was pleasantly surprised! It's very filling, and makes a large batch, definitely enough for a whole family. I also topped with a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment