Saturday, February 5, 2011

NUMMY!!


Ok tonight's dinner really wasn't a new recipe but it was sure tasty! I used a Tyson pork tenderloin (Bourbon and Maple Flavored) for the first time and just baked that up in the oven. I also did rosemary roasted new potatoes and lemon garlic green beans. I've made the potatoes and green beans a dozen times before but I haven't posted anything on them yet so I thought I'd give that a whirl. Potatoes are SUPER easy - quarter small red (new) potatoes and rinse. Place on cookie sheet (preferably one with a rim) that has been covered with parchement paper. Drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil over potatoes then sprinkle 1 Tbsp dried rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, turning potatoes every five minutes. Depending on the size of your potatoes, they may need longer. For the green beans - start with fresh green beans and steam in a Zip N Steam bag. Then in skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic. Once garlic has heated and starts to give off a strong smell, place green beans in skillet along with 2 Tbsp lemon juice (I just use the stuff in the little lemon shaped bottle). Saute until beans are thoroughly done. I love these two side dishes because they are so easy and they have a GREAT flavor to them. I've served with chicken and pork and if you eat fish, I think they would be pretty good sides to that as well. (I don't eat fish - I find it nasty and gross. :) ) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment