Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stir-Fry Goodness!


This is a common meal around my house - it's really easy and very tasty. It's also great because you can really change the ingredients either based on what you have in the house or how your tastes run. You need:


1 each of Red, Yellow, and Green bell peppers, cut into strips

1/2 large red onion, sliced

Olive oil

Soy sauce

1 pound beef (can be sliced steak, stirfry meat, etc., just something that is pretty thin and sliced)

Cooked rice


Basically, start with two skillets - one with the oil and the beef, and the other with the soy sauce and veggies. Get the beef about half way done and add a little soy sauce to that as well. (I've also used teriyaki sauce instead of the soy sauce here) Saute the veggies to your desired crispness (I prefer them pretty soft) then add to the meat. Continue to cook until meat is completely done, then serve over rice. Like I said, REALLY easy! You could also steam some broccoli and carrots if you don't really like bell peppers all that much. I make this dish a lot because it makes quite a bit of food and I can take it for lunch the next day. I went the easy route and bought some frozen wontons as well to serve with instead of trying to make my own this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment