Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bacon? Check. Bread? Check. Bacon Bread? Heck yeah!


Ok so this weekend I tried several new recipes.. the first of which is a Bacon Breadstick Focaccia. It was way easier than I thought it would be and this stuff is sooooo delish! Here's what you need:


11 slices packaged precooked bacon

1 can (11 oz) refrigerated breadsticks (12 breadsticks)

1 egg, beaten

1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley if desired


1. Heat oven to 375. Finely chop one slice of bacon and set aside. Unroll dough; separate into 12 strips. Starting at center of ungreased cookie sheet, coil remaining 10 bacon slices with dough strips into a loose spiral, pinching ends together securely as strips are added.

2. Drizzle or brush egg over dough using all of egg to fill in crevices. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and parsley.

3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are a deep golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm.


Obviously, as you can see from my picture, I didn't use the parsley. If I'd had some on hand, I probably would have tried it, but since I didn't, I didn't worry about it. Also when it says start in the middle of the cookie sheet - DO IT. I didn't pay much attention to that and had a heck of a time getting the bacon/dough moved after it was all assembled. This would be great with an Italian meal, or also as a breakfast bread. I'm going to take a wedge of it and put it with some fruit for a breakfast or two this week. I'm planning on making baked ziti this week as well and am going to use it with that. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment