Sunday, March 27, 2011

Easy No Bake Cereal Bars


I thought I would try this recipe since they seemed similar to Rice Krispie bars, and I love me some Rice Krispies bars! While I was wrong in my guess of their taste and texture - it didn't turn out to be a bad guess! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, I think you will be very happy with these easy and fairly quick cereal bars. You will need:


1 cup light corn syrup (FYI, in case you don't know where this is, try the syrup aisle. I had to ask a very nice lady in Wal-Mart if she'd ever used corn syrup and knew where I might find it)

1 cup sugar

1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter

6 cups Cheerios

1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)


Lightly butter a 13x9 in pan. In a large saucepot or Dutch oven (at least 4-5 quarts), heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Add 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir until smooth. Add cereal; mix well. Immediately press into buttered pan.


In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or cool completely at room temperature until chocolate is set. Cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment