Monday, November 5, 2012

Pork Chops with Mango Salsa

I have gotten to where I love cooking pork chops - I've baked them, fried them, grilled them, etc. and this was a really nice grilled option. Again, these have come from my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine. I apologize for the photo here - I didn't realize it was as blurry as it was.
 
 
 
Here's what you need:
 
 
  • 4 (7 oz) bone-in pork loin chops
  • 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp salt free grilling blend
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil

  • 2 chopped, peeled mangoes
  • 1 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 1 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp honey

Combine the cider vinegar, grilling blend and olive oil.  Marinate the pork chops in the vinegar mixture for at least 2 hours.  Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade.  Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.  Meanwhile, combine the mangoes, onion, jalapeno, lemon juice and honey.  Serve salsa with chops. 

I ended up using my George Foreman grill for this so I had to remove the chops from the bone in order to cook them.  I cooked them for 4-5 minutes on each side.  I also substituted lime juice for the lemon juice in the salsa and red onion for the sweet onion.  I would not do the red onion again - it completely overpowered the rest of the salsa.   

No comments:

Post a Comment