Thursday, March 17, 2011

Garlic Mozzarella Chicken Sausage with Garden Tortellini Alfredo


Ok well the title of this definitely makes it seem a lot harder that it is. Tonight I used two chicken sausages (garlic and mozzarella infused) and sliced those on a bias. Then I browned them in a skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile I cooked a package of tri-colored cheese filled tortellini in a large saucepot. I also heated some alfredo sauce from a jar (didn't make my own this time - way too tired tonight) and steamed some broccoli. As you can see, I also had some salad and a piece of garlic toast. It was really wasn't a massive effort but it was very tasty. The sausages came from Sam's, not somewhere I usually do a lot of shopping but I had tried these once before and thought they were good, even though I don't usually like sausage. This dish would also have been good with the broccoli tossed with the tortellini, sausage and alfredo or even substituting some spinach or roasted bell peppers in there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment