Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pork Tostadas - An experiment in leftovers!


Ok, so the other night I baked a pork tenderloin (Tyson's Lemon Garlic flavored) and didn't really care for it, but still had quite a bit of it leftover, so I thought well what can I do with this? I was in the mood for Mexican (and really, when am I not? lol) plus I had made the corn salsa a couple of days ago. I chopped up the pork and put it in a skillet with white onion, a little oil and liquid smoke (mesquite flavor). Sauteed that up until the onions were translucent and the pork started to actually fry a little. Meanwhile, in another small skillet, I fried some corn tortillas in vegetable oil till they were crispy. Set those on a papertowel covered plate, so that some of the extra oil drains off. For my toppings, I just used some canned refried beans, shredded lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, corn salsa (of course!) black olives and guacamole. It was really, really good. The pork didn't have exactly the flavor I had expected, but once you mixed it all up together, it had a good flavor. It was a very tasty, filling dinner and a great way to use up some leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment